By doing what I love every day – managing wealth – I FREE MY CLIENTS UP TO DO WHAT THEY LOVE every day. My clients can rest assured their hard-earned money is in the capable hands of a FINANCIAL ADVISOR with more than 41 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE.
Just as investors are selective about whom they allow to manage their investments, I’m SELECTIVE with whom I choose to work so that I can DEVOTE MY FULL ATTENTION to an SMALLER GROUP of people I truly enjoy working with.
I have LONG-STANDING, CLOSE-KNIT RELATIONSHIPS with an exceptional group of hard-working, self-made, conservative families who entrusted me with their wealth so that they can focus their time on their passions and interests.
I’m proud to be part of Benjamin F. Edwards & Co. because of the company’s dedication to serving clients in an atmosphere of TRUST, INTEGRITY AND MUTUAL RESPECT, centered around the Golden Rule.
I’ve been married to my wife, Debbie since 1988, and we have a son, Ricky, who lives in Philadelphia. My personal passions include golfing, collecting wine, and donating blood to the Red Cross as often I can. Debbie and I live in Danbury, Connecticut.
MY PROFESSIONAL APPROACH
My investment philosophy is simple: BUY GOOD INVESTMENTS CHEAP.
- Work to AVOID BIG LOSSES
- DIVERSIFY a portfolio with non-correlated assets (mix of cash, bonds, and stocks and using experienced money managers, quality mutual funds (both open and closed-end) and high-quality companies
- REVERSION TO THE MEAN: I pay close attention to overvaluation and undervaluation
- Focus on investing in VALUE ORIENTED, contrarian, out-of-favor assets
- Aim for consistent, real after tax, LOWER VOLATILITY RETURNS
I focus on RETIREMENT INCOME PLANNING for people nearing retirement or already living in retirement.
MY EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
- Colgate University, Hamilton NY, Social Relations, 1980
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, professional (CFP®)
- RETIREMENT INCOME CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL, professional (RICP®)